Preparing your Home For Sale so that it will sell for top dollar.
It is important to keep your home looking perfect when potential buyers are visiting. Here is a checklist for you to follow when preparing your home for sale.
- Lawns are mowed, edged and green.
- Plants are healthy and trimmed.
- Weeds are removed and the ground is cultivated.
- All gate latches work.
- Fencing is in good repair.
- Side yards are clean and groomed.
- Rock and/or tanbark is replaced if necessary.
- Driveways and walkways are clean.
- Mailbox is in good shape.
- Outside lights work and are bright.
Exterior House Structure
- Front door is clean and does not squeak
- Door bell works
- Shutters are in good shape
- Window trim is clean and bright
- Garage door is in good repair
- Windows are clean of dirt and spots
- Walls are clean and not faded.
- Wallpaper is firmly attached and clean.
- Trim is clean, especially around the doors.
- Light bulbs work and very bright.
- Light switch plates are clean.
- Carpets are clean and free of spots.
- Floors are freshly washed and very clean.
- Plumbing works, does not drip or squeak.
- Cobwebs in corners, ceilings, and around fixtures are cleaned.
- Closets are clean.