What should I look for beyond the house?
- Find out if the property is in a flood zone.
- Find out which schools children go to, where they are, and what they are like.
- If the property is on a historic preservation list.
- Understand any easements that are on the property.
- Traffic on nearby streets.
- Property zoning and building restrictions.
- If there are heritage trees, do they impact your goals.
Am I getting what I think I'm paying for?
- Be sure that items that are important to you are listed on the purchase contract.
- Purchasing a home protection plan can be an economical way to guarantee that appliances will be usable for at
least a year after you move it.
- Owner Title Insurance will protect you against unknown claims.
- If you are buying a property such as a Condominium in a common interest subdivision, be sure to review the
bylaws and CCR's.
Are there guidelines for how much a buyer should offer?
When buying a house, timing can be critical.
- Buying a home with value requires experience and quick actions.
- Homes can be sold before they are opened for public viewing.
- Even when a seller is intending to work out the details with a chosen buyer, until a contract is signed a
new buyer can come in with a better offer and get the property.
- Work with an experienced agent.
Call Juliana... Start packing!