City of Atherton, CA - Parks
Click on a picnic table to display the park name.
Atherton has an area of less than 5 square miles and a population of less than 7,000. The town was incorporated in 1923 to keep it strictly residential according to the wishes of its residents. Until the 40's and 50's the town was composed primarily of large estates. The town had no need for parks. The Holbrook-Palmer Park in Atherton was left to the town in 1958.
Holbrook Palmer Park
- Location: 150 Watkins Ave between Middlefied Rd and El Camino Real.
- Description: A 22 acre open tree-covered park which offers recreational programs.
- Amenities: Main House with 700 sf meeting room with fireplace, two smaller rooms, kitchen. Jennings Pavilion can accomodate approximately 100 people. Carriage House and Water Tower are points of interest. Tennis Center with six courts.
- Atherton's website for Holbrook Palmer Park.