Choosing a Real Estate Agent
When trying to find an agent to help you sell your home, there are a number of questions you can ask which will help you determine if the agent is one of the best for you to work with. I've listed questions below, some slightly different questions are listed in my Buying section, and yet some more questions are listed in my Juliana section.
Questions to help find the right agent to sell your house
- 1.) How long have you been selling real estate?
- * I have been licensed since 1983, and have been an active full-time Bay Area realtor for over two decades.
- 2.) What are your educational qualifications and professional credentials?
- * I hold both a Masters in Business Administration and a Law degree. Professionally I have earned my Certified Residential Specialist Certification, which is the highest certification level within the real estate profession. In fact, only 5% of the agents in the United States and Canada have earned this distinction.
- 3.) How will you be able to give enough time to my needs?
- * I have a team working for me. Several of my team members have been working for me for many years. My team members provide both expertise in specific areas and free up my time to manage and guide all aspects of your sale.
- 4.) What special individual talents or skills do you bring to real estate sales?
- * Besides my education and professional training, my Chinese heritage and bilingual ability are definite advantages in the Bay Area's multi-cultural market. I am an active member in both the Palo Alto and San Jose Board of Realtors, now renamed Silicon Valley Association of Realtors.
- * Many immigrants to the US are engineers, scientists, doctors and other highly trained professionals. Their skills and education helped them enter the US. These immigrants often find they can get the most valuable help by working with other professionals who have immigrated to the US. They are a major factor in the sale of homes.
- 5.) How do you plan to represent my interests and how will this differ from other agents?
- * Through my diverse financial and legal background I offer my clients comprehensive advice and service. This background saves time, money and energy. Clients are thoroughly informed of every option open to them and given sound legal and financial advice, reducing the stress and confusion during negotiations.
- * I personally review and guide the sale of your home. I promote your home to both potential buyers and other real estate agents. I handle all aspects of listening to offers and negotiating the sales terms and price.
- * My team member who is skilled in architectural photography, will take numerous high quality photos of your home.
- * My office manager will direct the efforts of my office assistants to be sure all necessary paperwork and services are completed on time. I review the status and direct my teams efforts to avoid problems and maximize your profit.
- * My buyer agents assist buyers to view homes they are interested in and promote your home when it is within the buyer's price range.
- * My personal computer driven system sends notices to potential buyers who are likely to be interested in your home
- * My writer will prepare both a narrative text and a list of features which is used to create paper fact sheets, post cards, newspaper advertisements, and several web pages promoting your home.
- 6.) What is your policy and experience regarding advertising?
- * I am a firm believer in a strong advertising campaign. Over the past ten years I have earned the unique distinction of being named the single largest private advertiser in the Palo Alto Weekly, Mountain View Voice, and The Chinese World Journal. I believe so strongly in consistent and frequent advertising that these papers all reserve the same spot for my ad every week. My name recognition benefits clients during all phases of the negotiation process.
- 7.) Why do you feel you are the most effective agent for my real estate needs?
- * I take a very personal approach with my clients and tailor a creative, individual strategy to meet their real estate needs. I deeply appreciate the emotional and fiscal impact the buying or selling of a home represents. Your family's future happiness and security are at stake and I take the responsibility very seriously. My track record is a direct result of this commitment, and the many successes I have shared with my clients is reflected in the fact that over 90% of my business comes from their referrals. This gratifying statistic is tangible evidence that I have achieved my goal: to provide the most comprehensive, creative and beneficial real estate service for my clients