What can I offer besides more dollars?
- Offer a large earnest deposit.
- Have a pre-approved loan.
- Have inspections done quickly, and have few contingencies in your purchase contract.
- Offer a quick closing but be flexible to meet the seller's needs.
- Use a top agent whose recognition makes your offer more credible.
You may be able to find value to make the dollar price more acceptable to both yourself and the seller.
- Look for things that are important to you but not as important to the seller, such as occupancy date or
- Don't ask for things that are not important to you unless your agent can also determine that they have little or no value to the seller.
The seller may not always appear to be logical.
- Sometimes the seller will insist on a sales price but be willing to pay loan origination fees for the buyer.
- An experienced agent representing you can often find out ways to make an offer acceptable to both you
and the seller.